Saturday, August 6, 2011

What's on the Tray? Aug. 8-12

Super Tot is 30 months old.

We have some fun trays planned for this week!

Popsicle Stick Sorting
Sort popsicle sticks by color (sorter made from toilet paper rolls & construction paper).
~colors recognition, sorting~

Glass Bead Counting
Place correct number of glass beads into cup.
~counting, number recognition~

Alphabet Disk Matching
Place Wooden Alphabet Disk onto matching letter.
~letter recognition, matching~

Line Tracing, Drawing
Either trace dashed lines, or draw a line from one object to another.  I printed these from various sources many months ago and don't remember where they all came from.  The animal one is Super Tot's favorite and it is available here.
~pre-writing, fine motor~

Lacing Cards
Thread lace through holes in plastic lacing cards.
~fine motor~

Folding Washcloths
Fold washcloths (available here) in half, and then in half again, making squares.
~practical life skills~

Complete Puzzle
Using own creativity, put puzzle (available here) together.
~problem solving, fine motor~
 

Coin Sorting
Sort coins by type (quarter, dime, nickel, penny).
~sorting, early math~

As always, Super Tot will have lots of other learning opportunities through our everyday play!  

To see what other moms are doing with their tots, check out these blogs:

20 comments:

  1. I have a bunch of colored craft sticks from the dollar store and lots of toliet paper rolls. What a great idea that I will be pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The toilet paper roll color sorting is so clever! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just pinned the toilet paper/ popcicle stick sorting great idea!! Lots of great ideas thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm your newest follower loving your blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower of your blog, found it on pinterest...great ideas! Hope you'll visit me sometime www.chestnutgroveacademy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, a great choice of trays and activities. You really are an inspiration with your trays and I hope to come up with some trays for my daughter that are as nice and yet at the same time challenging enough.
    I think you used my printable activity for your line tracing and drawing activity
    http://www.funwithmama.com/2010/07/tracing-practice-printable-worksheet/

    if i am right, I'm glad someone is using it :) it reminds me that I need to use it too! Great choice of presentation on that printable. I may try it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coin sorting is genis. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe I haven't found you sooner! These activities are amazing, and just what I need!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! great idea with the popsicles sticks- will have to make those ASAP :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the popsicle stick sort. I've been wondering what to do with all those colored popsicle sticks and TP tubes that I have. I would've never considered using them together. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great collection of activities. You children will have lots of fun with them ;-)
    Hugs
    Ewa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything is so colorful! I love the popsicle stick sorting - it's a great example of how easy it can be to make beautiful DIY materials from everyday items. Thank you for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are some great trays, I love the variety and the simplicity of the materials.
    I'm a brand new reader.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your trays - so creative and attractive! And the coin sorting is wonderful ... simple yet a great sorting activity. And it would be easy to add labels as well. Thanks so much for linking up with Montessori Monday! I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow

    ReplyDelete
  15. what fabulous trays! They are definitely creative, appealing to tots and cover so many different skills! I have started letting my girls help me with the laundry - sorting and then folding. They love it and it's such a valuable practical skill. I wish I had started earlier - could have had such great helpers all this time.

    BTW, I LOVE that puzzle.

    Hope to see you link up this weekend on the Sunday Showcase. Looking forward to seeing what you have to share.

    Bernadette
    http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for all the great tray ideas! I keep pinning them to use this year with my son! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am going to start following you NOW! I'm teaching a Montessori class to 4/5's in our co-op this year, thanks for some ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great ideas! Love the color sorting tp rolls. And the coin sorting is SUCH a good idea. If we are not proactive in teaching our kids about money, all they will know is plastic. Thanks for the great ideas. Will be sharing with my busy bag gals. :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to recent spam activity, I have turned word verification OFF and comment moderation ON.